Paying Your Taxes with Cash Is Easy as 1-2-3 with PayNearMe
Now you can pay your taxes using PayNearMe at any participating 7-Eleven stores. To find the nearest location, visit our PayNearMe approved retailer locator.
Since it generally takes five to seven business days for payments to be processed, the IRS recommends that you plan ahead of the due date so that your payment arrives on time.
So, here’s what to do:
- Go to the Official IRS Payments site and follow the instructions to make a cash payment with PayNearMe.
- You’ll receive an email from Official Payments confirming your information. The IRS will then verify your information. This process may take two to three days.
- After the IRS verifies your information, PayNearMe will then send you an email with a link to your payment code and instructions. Either print the payment code at home or send it to your smart phone.
And one more final step
Go to the retail store listed in the PayNearMe email and ask the clerk to scan or enter your payment code. You will receive a receipt from the store after they accept your cash. This receipt is confirmation of your payment, so keep it for your records. It usually takes two business days for your payment to post to your account.
Other Things to Know:
- Fees: This PayNearMe cash payment option is $3.99 per payment.
- Timing: It usually takes two business days for your payment to post to your account, so plan ahead and pay at least a week before the tax deadline. This year it is April 16th since the 15th falls on a Sunday.
- Payment limit: Up to $1,000 per day.
- Locations: This cash option is only available at participating 7-Eleven locations in 34 states. Visit http://paynearme.com/en/approved-payment-locations/to find a location near you.
- Avoid Scams: You will only receive an email from OfficialPayments.com or PayNearMe if they have initiated the payment process. Report all unsolicited email claiming to be from the IRS or an IRS-related function to email@example.com.
- Issue Resolution: Contact PayNearMe customer service (888-714-0004) if you have problems making your payment.
We hope that you’ll find paying your taxes with PayNearMe easy and convenient. If you have tried it and have any feedback, we’d love to hear from you. Please tell us about your experience in the comments below.